If you are familiar with my website, it will come as no surprise that I love Canada’s new food guide. Why?
- It’s focused on unprocessed foods – low in sodium, sugar and saturated fats.
- It includes more fruits and vegetables.
- It encourages us to make water our beverage of choice.
- It is simple to follow: no need to measure or count.
- It suggests cooking at home, and provides recipes to get us started.
- It promotes eating mindfully: taking time to eat, and noticing when we are hungry and full.
- It is backed by good science.
In addition, the site offers tips for things like healthy eating on a budget and meal planning. Check it out!