Recently, my favourite beverage in the evening has been a splash of tart cherry juice in sparkling water with lots of ice. In addition to being refreshing, there are many health benefits to be gained from this drink.
- It is rich in nutrients.
- It can reduce muscle soreness after a workout.
- It can help increase melatonin levels, leading to better sleep. (It works for me!)
- It is anti-inflammatory, and may reduce symptoms of arthritis.
- It may support brain health.
- It can lead to modest reductions in blood pressure.
- Early studies indicate that it could help lower weight, belly fat and blood cholesterol levels.
Give it a try. Just make sure that there is no added sugar in the juice you purchase.