Today’s episode of The Body-Mind Connection discussed toxins in our environment: how to minimize our exposure and how to help our bodies detoxify. This is a key to good health, assisting us in avoiding or recovering from what Dr. Hyman calls FLC (or Feel Like Crap) syndrome.
Now here is the thing. Having experienced a prolonged and severe case of FLC in my thirties, which led to months of conventional medical testing and my exploring just about every alternative therapy you can think of, I know how easy it can be to get overwhelmed by this topic. You can find yourself wanting to have all of your fillings replaced before moving to a (mold free) cabin in the mountains where you will live off of the land. Not very realistic for most of us.
Don’t despair. There are many things you CAN do.
After watching today’s video, I recommitted to
- drinking lots of clean, filtered water
- reducing my consumption of large fish (like tuna)
- avoiding processed foods
- buying organic versions of the “Dirty Dozen”
- including anti-inflammatory foods like yellow onions, garlic, ginger and turmeric
- taking supplements to repair my digestive tract and help with detoxification
- checking the ingredients in my beauty products
- putting my phone on airplane mode at night
This may seem like a long list, but I am doing most of these things already. I introduced them one at a time, and now they are part of my regular routine.
What is one thing that you can do today?